TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF VETERANS WHO TAKE THEIR OWN LIVES BY PROVIDING THE OPPORTUNITY TO HEAL AND REHABILITATE THROUGH PHYSICAL FITNESS.
Endurance for Veterans was founded in 2015 by a U.S. Marine Corps veteran who found solace, healing and comradery in physical fitness. The objective of Endurance for Veterans is to provide veterans the opportunity to improve their state of mind through physical fitness. We believe that physical fitness is a valuable component of a comprehensive mental health treatment plan. Many veterans struggle to find their place professionally, personally and spiritually when transitioning out of the military. Although it is difficult to develop the esprit de corps found in the military, the challenges in completing difficult physical activities can create bonds and provides a positive and supportive community that will help recreate a similar network of support.
Endurance for Veterans offers a chance to reconnect to the community, build confidence and establish a sense of pride. Whether it's providing CrossFit memberships, coach and trainer certification or help accomplish a life-long physical aspiration, Endurance for Veterans will help achieve that goal.
With your help we can extend a helping hand to our brothers and sisters in need.
Suicidal ideations are often a symptom or result of undiagnosed or untreated mental health disorders. Our original mission focused on veterans with PTSD, but we quickly realized that limiting our support to a single disorder is not addressing the problem. Our goal is to provide veterans struggling with all mental health issues the opportunity to heal mentally and physically through physical fitness. There is emerging evidence that exercise can be a valuable component of a comprehensive mental health treatment plan and has been shown to have a positive impact on the symptoms of depression. Below are some ways Endurance for Veterans plans on helping:
- Provide veterans a reduced membership fee to local gyms and CrossFit affiliates.
- Provide home equipment to veterans who do not have the ability to visit a local gym.
- Provide help to veterans who have a goal that will challenge them physically and mentally. Whether that goal is running a marathon, racing in a grueling endurance event (e.g. Marathon des Sables), or riding a bike across the United States, we will help you get there.
- Help veterans pursue a career in physical fitness.
Plans for 2017
In 2016, the support for Endurance for Veterans expanded to over 130 supporting organizations throughout the United States. We are grateful for this tremendous support, but we want to improve. Below is what we hope to accomplish for 2016:
- Increase partnership with CrossFit affiliates, the martial arts community, and other community-based fitness programs by 50%.
- Develop a formal program and begin a study on a sustainable solution.
- Begin an E4V chapter program to strengthen the community nationwide.
- Provide veterans the opportunity to pursue a career in physical fitness.
- Increase involvement with Team E4V